[lug] Flakey Hardware?

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 9 21:40:39 MST 2006

I would be inclined to try a different OS before concluding it's faulty
hardware.  Can you, for example, install and boot a BSD variant?  I
won't even mention the other logical choice for a test OS.  If those
work fine, it may then be advisable to try a different Linux distribution.

If other OS's fail similarly, running memtest86 from a bootable CD might
be a logical next step.