[lug] NSLU2

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Sat Feb 11 17:03:14 MST 2006

Siegfried Heintze wrote:

> Of course, I was assuming you were going to hack your slug before next
> Saturday. Can you server NFS without hacking it? I thought it only
> served CIFS unless you hacked it after which it could server both CIFS
> via SAMBA and NFS. I was not clear if the Samba was only serving its
> internal flash drives (like a linksys wrt54G can do) or the external
> USB driver you plug in the back.

Oh yeah, I think I forgot to answer a question.

The internal flash is never exposed.  It has a configuration area, but
it's only used for things like the device's static IP address or
necessary DHCP registration information, the name and password of the
web administrator, etc.

Only the external hard disks are exposed, and even then the first two
partitions of an "initialized" disk are private.