[lug] Sound in Suse 10

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Mon Feb 13 21:22:05 MST 2006

Jason Motes wrote:

> Stephen Queen wrote:
>
>> Did you look to see if these files existed and that you had permissions?
>>

> No, i did not look at that.  I will tonight.

FYI, the ACL stuff is an advanced access control list permission device.
Try creating a boot option that on the kernel line (assumes grub) it
also adds:
selinux=0

That would disable SELinux till you reboot. Maybe it's part of that
which is denying access. You might be interested in "man acl"...if an
older config had that feature disabled in the kernel or via command line
parameter, and then it went away,  you'd get a similar problem (at least
as far as the acl messages go).

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net