[lug] PalmSource migrates to Linux - NOW :)

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Wed Feb 15 08:50:11 MST 2006

The biggest problem with Palm source is that their arrogance is unbounded
and they treat ISVs like crap.

I tried to get them to work with me on a couple of things and they wouldn't
return calls or Emails. Their whole attitude was that if you weren't a cell
phone manufacturer doing a million units you were unimportant. After
numerous phone calls, I finally got someone. He said that if I wanted to
work with them I should come to their developer conference. Like I'm going
to spend 3 grand to go to a conference where I may or may not get my issues
addressed.

They can do all the cool things in the universe, but if they treat ISVs like
crap, no one will develop for their platform. I tried to get them to make
some minor changes in Palm Desktop that would have allowed creating a
bi-directional sync module between my app and theirs. They had already made
the change to the software but they wouldn't release the changed developer
kit that was required to use the feature.

I tried to explain to them that if everyone used Outlook to synch their palm
and desktop, then the barrier to switch to a CE handheld was effectively 0.
They didn't get it.

They deserve to have their product die.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.