[lug] Time Warp

Gordon Golding gordongoldin at netscape.net
Tue Feb 21 14:19:58 MST 2006

I have a server that every once in a while, changes it's time - maybe once a week?  I look at it and it's fine for a few days and then at 13:31 the date says it's 7:31.  (6 hours...?)  I thought there might be some script doing it, but I checked crontab for all the added users and root and there is nothing there.

I have a little script running now to grab 'date' regularly, so I can see when it happens.

I'm in the correct timezone; Denver, not using NTP.

Any thoughts?

I thought about just activating NTP and pointing at the default clock.redhat.com.  If something actively resets the time,  will this re-synch it?  How long does that take?

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.