[lug] More Server Problems

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Wed Feb 22 16:37:14 MST 2006

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/
Voice: 303 438 9585

 is a long time coming.

> And then back to my original point. :-)
>
> Take the new hardware.  Run the 32-bit kernel on it.  Then
> later on you
> could try 64-bits to see if it had stabilized, if you felt like it.

 I looked on Intel's web site and saw this faq:

Q17: Will existing 32-bit software run, without being re-compiled, on an
IA-32 processor with IntelR EM64T?
A17: Yes, with some notes of caution. Refer to the 64-bit Extension
Technology Software Developer's Guide for more details.

I looked through the guide, and decided to just take the safe path.