[lug] Time Warp again

Gordon Golding gordongoldin at netscape.net
Thu Feb 23 11:19:23 MST 2006

>>I have a server that every once in a while, changes it's time

>do something like: hwclock --debug --show

# date
Thu Feb 23 11:14:57 MST 2006

      Both of these show the same output:
# hwclock --debug
   or
# hwclock --debug --show
hwclock from util-linux-2.12a
Using /dev/rtc interface to clock.
Last drift adjustment done at 1115149028 seconds after 1969
Last calibration done at 1115149028 seconds after 1969
Hardware clock is on local time
Assuming hardware clock is kept in local time.
Waiting for clock tick...
select() to /dev/rtc to wait for clock tick timed out
...got clock tick

# hwclock --show
select() to /dev/rtc to wait for clock tick timed out

>>The last time I had weird clock issues, it turned out to be the kernel not getting along with a motherboard

Hmmmmm....  :-)

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.