[lug] dual head card questions

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Thu Feb 23 20:10:30 MST 2006

I've never installed a dual head video card for Linux. I was interested
in finding out though about what might be recommended for very high
quality 2D dual head for AGP 4x? No 3D access is required, but I wanted
something that could easily scan 85Hz+ refresh at 1024x768 on both
heads, with 24 bit RGB or 32 bit RGBA. In terms of single head, I've
found the Oxygen VX-1 does an extraordinary job (very clean dot clock)
for only a small cost, but unfortunately it isn't dual head.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net