[lug] linux utility to list files hierarchically

Lori Reed lorireed at lightning-rose.com
Fri Feb 24 08:52:21 MST 2006

Andrew GIlmore wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 17:10 -0700, Lori Reed wrote:
>
>>Andrew GIlmore wrote:
>>

>>>man tree :)
>>
>>Unfortunately, not all distros include this as part of the default
>>installation. For example, at least one release of Red Hat did, but
>>SFAIK Fedora Core does not.
>>
>>Lori
>

> Hmm, My FC4 install has it:

Did you do an upgrade from an older installation or a fresh
installation? FC3 is the most recent version I've used and although tree
was included, it's installation was optional and not part of the default
install process. Unless maybe "install all" is selected.

I find tree to be a handy utility and if it's back to being part of the
default FC install, then I'm pleased to be wrong.

Lori