[lug] Gnome Issues

Dan Ferris dan at usrsbin.com
Wed Mar 1 03:00:42 MST 2006

Yeah I had him switch to KDE just to try it out.  I also told the other
user to try KDE to see if it still happened.

Thunderbird still locked up.  But, it was locking up when playing a wav
file for mail notification.  So it might well have been contention for
the sound card.

Sound daemons just plain suck.  The Gstreamer way is so much better.

I use KDE myself.  That fixed my Gnome problems too.  I also set arts to
sleep after like 5 seconds of inactivity which solved a lot of problems
with sound devices.

Dan

--
Chuck Norris doesn't sleep.  He waits.