[lug] How to VNC via ssh from RH8 to Win2003 Server?

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Wed Mar 1 17:14:57 MST 2006

I'm trying to use vncserver to establish a session on Windows2003Server. I
get the password prompt and then the Windows Splash/login screen says to
"ctrl-alt-del" to get the login prompt.

Well I type the three fingered salute and linux (RH8) asks me if I want to
terminate the session.

No I don't want to terminate it! I want to login! How do I do this?

Also: what is the command to run vncviewer via ssh (assuming I had the
cygwin sshd running on windows).

Has anyone mucked with cygwin sshd on windows? I wonder if it is powerful
enough to accommodate clients with the "ssh -X" command?

Can "ssh -X" be used to share desktops like (apparently) vnc can?

Thanks,
Siegfried