[lug] Linux | VMware | Xen question..

Tony Dyson anorak at comcast.net
Sun Mar 5 09:22:56 MST 2006

Subjectively, I'd agree with that. Possibly it's because VMWare
introduces a more effective HAL.

Other problems can be introduced though. Periodically VMWare locks my
system completely. A couple of years ago I had a VM file corrupted after
a lock-up. Since then I've disabled write-behind caching & that hasn't
happened again.

It's worthwhile searching the VMWare support forums to see if there are
known problems with the Linux version &/or hardware you want to use.