[lug] RAM memory modules for old machine

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Mar 5 23:03:33 MST 2006

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 10:22:38AM -0700, Bethany Hobson wrote:
>dell.com.  Both dell.com and crucial.com offer only 128MB and 256MB modules
>to max out this computer module.  So, I'm assuming from this that one 512MB

I had a bunch of Intel 810 chipset based systems from maybe 3 to 5 years
ago.  They were EXTREMELY picky about the memory they used.  Two memory
slots, supporting up to 512MB total.  They were limited in the number of
memory chips on the modules.  Above some limit, they would just stop
working.  I also had problems with 256MB or 128MB modules being detected as
64MB, though the system would run reliably with these modules in.

I have some systems running I810 based boards that I might be getting rid
of, but I'd be reluctant to part out just the memory modules in them.
Probably would be less expensive to get the modules at Crucial than buying
a whole "new" machine to get them.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 Well, what does she expect? You leave your navigator lying around,
 naturally somebody is going to run over him.  -- _Death_Race_2000_