[lug] MB Replacement

Ben bluey at iguanaworks.net
Mon Mar 6 18:24:24 MST 2006

I bet you can avoid doing a fresh install. If you cannot boot with the
original hard drive on the new mb, get to a shell prompt -- either with
the ubuntu install disk or knoppix, or something. Mount your hard drive.
>From there you can reinstall grub (or lilo) on the mbr. Most likely
that'll do it. You might need to boot with a generic (instead of custom)
kernel. If you don't have a generic kernel installed, install one (I think
you can chroot to the your mounted hard drive from your root shell and if
the network is up, use apt-get... ).

Good luck,

Ben