[lug] On the MB swap

Gary Hodges Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov
Thu Mar 9 10:26:09 MST 2006

Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov wrote:
> Thanks for all the comments.  Even ordering the replacement early
> yesterday they didn't ship until today.  I'm backing up all the disks
> now and am going to try just booting and running tomorrow.  I'll report
> how it goes.

Sparing all the gory details, it turns out the power supply had failed
and not the MB.  The dives were spinning up, the keyboard was tickled, I
just wasn't getting video. That, and because it is a PC Power & Cooling
unit, I gave the PS a pass initially.  Nevertheless, thanks for all the
comments on swapping a MB.  I'm sure they will be useful to me at some
point, and helpful to others on this list as well.

Gary