[lug] Linux | VMware | Xen question..

Jeffrey Siegal jbs at quiotix.com
Fri Mar 10 21:32:07 MST 2006

Nate Duehr wrote:
> Do you have any links for the 3rd party solutions to making new VM's?

Someone on this list posted this one:
http://www.consolevision.com/members/dcgrendel/vmxform.html

Of course another solution is to just find a friend with Workstation and
get them to build a VM for you, or buy one copy for your organization
and use it to build VMs for everyone.  As far as I know, both scenarious
are entirely consistent with their license terms.

> The VMWare Server is called exactly that... VMWare Server Beta.  It is
> their old VMWare GSX product in the previous terminology.

Yes, that's what I meant -- GSX.  Couldn't remember the previous name.