SELinux (was: Re: [lug] rpm verify)

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 22:48:17 MST 2006

If you care to check the archives of the CentOS user list, there was a
lengthy thread quite similar to this one a month or two ago. All the
players were the same:

>From "I don't need no steenking selinux." to "selinux is the greatest
thing since sliced bread" with all flvors in between.

Personally, I disable it on my home system (CentOS) and on my work
systems (RHEL). In typical Red Hat fashion, selinux has been foisted
upon the unsuspecting long before it is thoroughly cooked. At least
you can disable the bugger!

My guess is that selinux will become an important security tool - when
it's ready.

--
Collins Richey
      The agnostic dyslexic insomniac lies awake wondering if there is a dog.