[lug] Temporary system hanging (resolved?)

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Tue Apr 4 14:41:24 MDT 2006

Well, I tried rearranging my PCI cards, then started stipping them out a few
at a time.  I also put in an external ethernet card, it seemed like the
builtin VIA chipset just wouldn't be happy with anything.  I don't know what
fixed it, but no more TX timeouts now.

I think this never showed up before because I never used the network very
hard.  It may have been happening all along just at a much lower rate, so I
didn't bother to track it down.  I probably attributed it to wireless
interference (the VNC clients all use wireless cards).  My system feels SO
much snappier now, I can't believe I put up with that so long.