[lug] cheap TV-out video cards

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Thu Apr 6 16:32:31 MDT 2006

After a bit of quick research, I'm afraid this may be as bad as finding a
wireless chipset that Just Works with Linux, but:

Do any of the cheap (<$35) video cards with TV-out Just Work with Linux?

I see a lot of them on Newegg, but searching around I can't tell if any of
them will work without spending several hours setting them up.  Anyone
currently using a cheap TV-out card which works with Debian Sarge era Linux?
I have a brand new kernel and don't mind recompiling it, but I don't see
anything in the kernel config about TV-out, and I don't know that it would be
a kernel driver issue anyhow.

If it involves a new X.org, forget it...  I stick with Debian stable after
being burned one too many times trying to upgrade things like Xfree86 or core
libraries.