[lug] minix vs. linux

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Apr 19 16:02:47 MDT 2006

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 07:57:36AM -0600, John Hernandez wrote:
>Until Apple OS-X came along, micro-kernels seemed to be used only for
>things such as real-time applications and embedded systems, and they

As far as I know, Windows NT used a microkernel design based (though I
believe it was fairly loosly) off of Mach.  This is the same microkernel
that OSX is based off of.  Not that I follow Windows very closely, but
aren't the current Windows releases based off of Windows New Technology
Technology, therefore microkernel based?  I don't honestly know though...

Thanks,
Sean
--
 Canadian phone sex: What colour touque are you wearing?
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/