[lug] laptop mouse stick cover

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Apr 19 16:10:09 MDT 2006

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 09:11:42AM -0600, Ken Weinert wrote:
>The question is this: where can I find replacement covers for the little
>mouse stick?
>
>Thanks for any pointers.

No pun intended.  Too bad you didn't ask at BLUG, I always carry a few
extras with me.  I haven't purchased any new ones in several years, but
when I last did I got like $40 worth of them.  At the time, I had called
IBM because I didn't want the cats-tounge ones, I wanted one newer
"mushroom" types that my box had shipped with.  They pointed me at this
aftermarket place that sold them, but I no longer have the URL around.

Google to the rescue:

   http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=VLAR-443LTU

I prefer the ones on the bottom, but IBM said the only place I could get
replacements, again several years ago, was this third-party site.  The
"soft rim" I find works best for me.

Maybe this was the place:

   https://www.compu-lock.com/tpcap.asp

If not, it was someplace with a fairly similar ghetto-look web-site.  $14
for 4.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 Q:  What kind of dog goes "BOFH!  BOFH!"?
 A:  A rootweiler