[lug] 2D cards

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Apr 27 17:29:28 MDT 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 01:42:20PM -0600, Gary Hodges wrote:
> I'll buy it if Matrox are still best 2D cards, but maybe there are
>equal cards at 2D that also have better 3D.

I don't know.  The latest machine I bought came with an Intel Extreme
Graphics, and it's pretty good.  Actually a lot happier with it than the
ATI in my previous laptop, with or without the binary drivers.  Of course,
it has a lot fewer pixels to move around, the new laptop is 1024x768 where
the old was 1600x1200.

The Intel Extreme Graphics was kind of expensive, $1500, but it came with a
free laptop.  :-)

Thanks,
Sean
--
 I hear that geeks have a dozen different words to describe a computer
 operating system.  -- Sean Reifschneider, 2002