[lug] Lots of Linux Stuff to give away (and a little to sell)

Chuck Morrison cmorrison at greeleynet.com
Thu May 4 14:58:26 MDT 2006

Greetings all,

We will be moving soon so we are divesting ourselves of our worldly
treasures. In my case that means most of my linux and computing books,
magazines and miscellaneous computer stuff. I don't need money for most
of this stuff, I just need to make sure it has a better home than a
dumpster. It is located in Platteville (east of Longmont 15 miles). I
can arrange to meet in Longmont if need be to transfer a lot of stuff to
vehicles.

I'll check email tonight and hopefully we can arrange for some or all of
this stuff to go to good homes.

Computers...

   Several Apple LC computers (I don't know if they work...)
   An Apple Mac classic computer (pretty sure it works)
   An Apple Mac Power PC 6500 (Dual boot with MKLinux)
   Several monitors including a 12" Mac monitor
   A VA Linux dual Xeon (550Mhz I think) 2U server
      with Hot swap RAID with 3 installed 9 Gb drives and 2 spare
      drives. With rails and Mylex RAID card, Never used ( $75 )
   Misc. Switches, cards etc.

Software... Virtually every major linux/BSD/Be distro since 1995
  WordPerfect for Linux (corel) box
  Applixware & Applix Office (both boxed)
  Wabi (windows 3.1 emulator from SUN, distributed by Caldera before
  they got too evil) Boxed
  Sun Solaris (intel) 2.6 Boxed
  BeOS Boxed
  Many versions and copies of RedHat, KRUD, Debian, Caldera, Mandrake,
  Suse, Best ... Some in boxes

Magazines... Several years of Linux Journal and Linux Magazine

The following O'Reilly books
   Apache, the definitive guide
   Managing projects with Make
   Dynamic HTML The definitive Reference
   Programming Perl
   Learning Perl
   Programming Python
   Learning the Bash Shell
   Sed and Awk
   CGI programming on the web
   Open Sources - Voices from the Open Source Revolution
   Practical C++ programming
   The Whole Internet - User's guide and catalog
   Palm Programming (CD missing)
   Programming with QT
   Programming with Curses
   Running Linux (2 copies)
   Building Linux Clusters

And Not O'Reilly ...
Inside Linux - a look at OS development
Linux Kernel Internals
GTK+/Gnome Application Development
OSF Motif Programmer's guide
Motif Programming - the essentials... and more
Object Oriented Programming with C++ and OSF Motif
Advanced X Window applications Programming (2nd ed)(w/CD)
linux in a nutshell,
Special edition - Using CGI (with CD)
Javascript - manual of style
Javascript 2 for the world wide web
Internet programming with Python
Linux The complete reference
Rapid Development, taming wild software schedules
Honeypots (with CD)
Unix Unleashed (with CD)
Code Complete
Learning python
gnu emacs Manual - Stallman
Learning Debian gnu/linux
Beginning Linux programming
The practice of programming - Kernighan/Pike
In the beginning was the command line - Stephenson
The C++ Programming Language - Stroustrup ($10)
Maximum Linux Security
Just for Fun - Torvalds
UML Toolkit (With CD)
Effective Perl Programming
Linux for Dummies - Maddog Hall
Lan Times - Guide to building high speed networks
Be Developer's guide (with CD)
How the internet works
The complete PC upgrade and maintenance guide
Deploying OpenLDAP
How to build a Beowulf - Becker etc...
Teach yourself Samba in 24 hours - Carter
Assembly Language Step by Step
High Performance Cluster computing
Linux application development (Johnson/Troan)
Open Source Development with CVS

And more, including lots of JAVA books, Historical Linux Distributions
to 1995, a fair amount of hardware, some white box shells with good at
and atx power supplies.

I need to get rid of this stuff, so expect to take more, not less. :)

Chuck Morrison