[lug] laptop video card Q

kevin at kevinkempterllc.com kevin at kevinkempterllc.com
Tue May 23 16:49:35 MDT 2006

I've run Linux on several ofthe Sony Vaio laptops and they seemed solid
enough,
plus Linux ran great on them. The one device I could never get to work was the
built-in memory stick reader although an external USB stick reader
worked fine.
AFAIK the Vaio's are ATI as well. I've also run Linux on a new Thinkpad Z60m
and it runs great, plus it stays fairly cool for such a powerhouse of a laptop
(I got the 2Gzchip, 2G of memory & STAT 100G drive. Unfortunately it's an ATI
video as well.

CurrentlyIm using a client's laptop for security reasons - an hp model "compaq
nc6230" and it's very disappointing; flimsy, runs slower than mollasses, etc.
I've not seen a laptop built this poorly in a long long time.