[lug] ZFS

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun May 28 01:50:51 MDT 2006

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 11:30:50PM -0600, Daniel Webb wrote:
>I assume you don't have to unmount to do that right?  It sounds to me like you
>never have to unmount it except to reboot, which is another thing I don't like

No, you can do it while it's mounted.

>with it taking a week, I just want those features!  16 hours is faster than I
>would have expected for a TB of checksum verification that includes everything.

Except for when it gets part way through and restarts the scan.  I pushed
it up to around 1.3TB of data and now it's not seeming to be able to
successfully complete a scan.  I'll probably try the newer OS at some point
when I have the time to spend upgrading the box.  Sounds like it may be
getting a lot better soon.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 Problem with Closed Source Software #101: "We have found 46 ways to
 remotely crash NT by sending authentication packets."