[lug] Qwest DSL download speed reduced

Chip Atkinson chip at pupman.com
Sun May 28 06:27:46 MDT 2006

True about the sites' speed, but for me it was that I was too far from the
CO as well as the quality of the physical circuit to my house.  The house
wiring wasn't very "speedy" either, but that was fixed easily enough.  At
one point I was on the phone with their support people and they were able
to test the DSL connection.  It did not even test at the subscribed speed.
That's where it was frustrating -- they sold me something they "knew"
wouldn't work. (Granted an organization like Qwest can't really be
expected to actually be that well coordinated)