[lug] Gentoo sources question

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Mon May 29 20:49:16 MDT 2006

On 5/29/06, Kenneth D. Weinert <kenw at quarter-flash.com> wrote:
> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=1&chap=6
>
> Right near the top is the bit about mirrorselect which is the command
> you most likely want to use.
>
> Since I'm not sure where exactly you are in the installation bit I
> thought I'd just post the link and let you either follow or extrapolate :)

Thanks, I'm familiar with the handbook. For some reason mirrorselect
doesn't want to run from the chroot environment - error 'cannot open
tty-output'. Since I've managed to emerge an older kernel, I'll worry
about that once I have a running system. The kernel I merged compiled
ok, so that's all I need for the moment. Bit by bit, my Gentoo mindset
is returning.

--
Collins Richey