[lug] Need help with LaTeX, gnuplot, PDF document creation

Paul E Condon pecondon at mesanetworks.net
Thu Jun 1 22:53:33 MDT 2006

About a year ago, I was able to produce several documents with gnuplot
generated data plot figure using LaTeX as the document formatting
tool. Now I am having trouble repeating that and can't remember
exactly how I did it. I have the original .tex files from last year,
but they don't seem to work correctly any more. Or at least the tool
chain constructed recently doesn't work correctly.

I can generate dvi files and convert them to ps using either dvips or
dvi2ps. I can display the ps with gv, but I can't print it on
my HPLJ5MP.

If I use pdflatex I get a pdf file that prints, but the actual
contents of the figures is blank.

I can't find the program that I used last year to convert ps
to pdf.

What has happened?

I'm using Debian Sarge with all software from Debian repository.

Does anyone have suggestions? Any good, recent HOWTOs?
Does anyone have a currently working Latex/gnuplot document
that they will let me crib from to get ideas about what I'm doing
wrong, or what might have changed.

TIA
--
Paul E Condon