[lug] article on apache bandwidth throttling

Ted Logan ted.logan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 14:31:44 MDT 2006

On 6/3/06, Hugh Brown <hugh at math.byu.edu> wrote:
> I saw this article on LWN.
> http://www.howtoforge.com/mod_cband_apache2_bandwidth_quota_throttling
>
> Has anyone used it and/or know if it is any good?

Earlier this week I searched for Apache 1 bandwidth quotas and came up
with mod_throttle:

http://www.snert.com/Software/mod_throttle/

(My brother's website, which I host on a tummy.com virtual server, was
linked from a popular Dutch website a month ago. In the span of a few
hours, my upstream quota was gone.)

It provides the ability to set various types of quotas for transfer
data per unit time. I have it set up to cut off an Apache virtual
server's transfers when the quota is exceeded. I haven't been
slashdotted in the past several days, but it seems to be working well.

--
Ted Logan
Software Engineer
ted.logan at gmail.com