[lug] Linux and LDAP (via M$ Active Directory)

kevin at kevinkempterllc.com kevin at kevinkempterllc.com
Mon Jun 5 14:10:25 MDT 2006

Hi List;

I need to setup a Linux server that will allow both system users and Postgres
database users to be authenticated via M$ Active Directory Services.

I've googled around abit and fount bits of good info but not necessarily a
complete picture of what needs to be done.  I'm pretty sure I can use PAM_ldap
and NSS_ldap with SAMBA to authenticate system users although I've never messed
with PAM or NSS much before and I only used SAMBA for sharing win directory
shares and for printing.

Does anyone have any knowledge of how to pull this off or know of any good
reading on the topic?

Thanks in advance...