[lug] Music manager

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Sat Jun 17 20:28:57 MDT 2006

Slimserver might be a good option.  It's OSS written is perl, back-ended
by MySQL, and there's a debian repository for the development branch.
There are at least two software clients, one Java-based Squeezebox
emulator and a headless lightweight client (written in C, I think).

As an added bonus, you could buy their hardware players for places where
you might have hifi but no computer.  Players (both software and
hardware) can be set for synchronized playback.  It supports mp3, flac,
aac, ogg, and a few other formats.

I have no affliation whatsoever with the company, but I'm a happy customer.

sources.list:
deb http://debian.slimdevices.com stable main

apt-get install slimserver

They're at http://slimdevices.com