[lug] Music manager

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Sat Jun 17 23:40:43 MDT 2006

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 09:47:22PM -0600, John Hernandez wrote:

> Daniel Webb wrote:
> >> You could try testing, too.
> >
> > Ech.  Been there.  I'll wait.
>
> Tried Ubuntu?

Not yet, although I've considered it.  Most of the time, I actually like the
fact that I can count on not being forced to upgrade very often and thus delay
the headaches that go along with that.  It does get a little tough towards the
end of the Debian stable cycle though.

Debian stable definitely isn't bug free, so how does Ubuntu compare in regards
to stability and bug-riddenness?  If I understand right, they're just doing
what Debian is doing (starting with unstable, freezing that and working the
bugs out) but on an accellerated schedule, right?  If so, either they work
less of the bugs out or they do a better job than Debian, either of which I
could believe.