[lug] Music manager

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Wed Jun 21 20:05:00 MDT 2006

On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 10:55:44AM -0600, Collins Richey wrote:

> <rant>
> CUPS is the FOSS poster child for the release then test philosophy,
> and it has been true to form in the past few months. I managed to find
> one clean dot release and got my Epson all-in-one configured, and I
> wouldn't touch the setup with a fork now.
> </rant>

It wasn't CUPS in particular, but it was a few experiences like that which led
me to decide I'd rather just use Debian stable.  At least with stable, once I
work the problems out of it I'm golden for a couple of years until I want some
new version of KDE or they get around to releasing another stable, and since
I've switched to ratpoison the only thing I'm missing by not having a new KDE
is Amarok, which would be nice, but not enough to suffer the pain of a new
distro upgrade.