[lug] Intel 3945 wireless on Fedora Core 5

Dan Ferris dan at usrsbin.com
Sat Jun 24 14:20:34 MDT 2006

I tried installing them from source on an Acer laptop.  They require an
ieee80211 stack that is newer than the one that comes with FC5's latest
kernel.

So I installed with the ieee80211 that it wanted and had loads of
problems with errors concerning undefined symbols.

So I got pissed off and gave up and installed the RPMS that you can find
from atrpms.net and set the kernel on the laptop to never update.

Good luck.

Dan