[lug] Music manager

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Tue Jun 27 16:32:02 MDT 2006

Daniel Webb wrote:

> Strangely, I tried the "apt-get install slimserver" again on a whim, and this
> time it worked (I've changed absolutely nothing on my system since I had the
> problem before).  It's wasn't pain-free:

I'm not entirely surprised it suddenly worked this time.  Keep in mind
that the Slim Devices apt repository contains the nightly development
branch of slimserver.  Any given nightly update may be broken, to
various degrees.

If you have a working installation at this point, you may want to
comment out the slimdevices line in sources.list, perhaps until they
release 6.5 final.  If you do update to a newer nightly in hopes of a
specific bug fix, hang on to your current .deb in case a rollback
becomes necessary.