[lug] error beeps :\

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Tue Jun 27 17:23:13 MDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 05:13:28PM -0600, Jason Davis wrote:

> At this point I would consider it. Ubuntu dapper has caused a lot
> of problems for me. Between Bluefish being broken to Metacity being
> busted .... I was considering a mac :x The beep would have been the show
> stopper. Nothing worse than a rouge beep at 3am!1 (loud as heck)

I don't have a link handy, but I know there are entire web pages devoted to
those who hate the beep who have catalogued all the ways to stop it.
Apparently it can be quite difficult on some systems (I remember the
last-ditch advice: drill the speaker)  I have disconnected the speaker on
systems in the past because xset -b and other methods all failed.  Thankfully,
xset -b works for me now.