[lug] Virtual Mail User - Large Mailbox Scrubbing

Ryan Fligg ryan at celebrityaccess.com
Thu Jun 29 15:03:39 MDT 2006

Hello,

I have a bit of a problem that is taking WAY too much time out of my day.  I
have a virtual user who has over 100,000 messages in his mailbox.  The
directory is in maildir format.  I cannot simply su to the username and
launch pine/mutt to delete non important messages.  I tried launching
squirrelmail but there are too many message for it to handle.

Another developer I work with recommended your list and said to ask about
using Awk to search and remove message from the maildir store.  I would like
to start by removing all messages that have "Undeliverable" in the subject
heading.  I was trying to make my way through grep to do this but was not
getting far.  If anyone has any ideas, they would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,
--
Ryan R. Fligg
Developer

303.447.2484 fax
ryan at celebrityaccess.com
www.celebrityaccess.com
www.protouronline.com
www.boxofficenetwork.com
www.gigtrak.com

CelebrityAccess manages all tour dates for Musictoday.com,
BoxOfficeNetwork.com and ProTourOnline.com. We are the exclusive
provider for all tour dates for Viacom properties (including MTV, VH1,
CMT), as well as Billboard.

"If you want maximum exposure, don't keep your tour dates a secret--
submit them to CelebrityAccess!"