[lug] More on slimserver and AJAX

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Tue Jul 4 12:48:25 MDT 2006

Daniel Webb wrote:
> it's like the whole application is running across the remote connection.  Even
> things like clicking the top menu buttons lags as if it was transmitting them
> across the network and back.  Even if I open a new tab this behavior happens

AJAX=Asynchronous Javascript and XML

Yes. A lot of what happens with AJAX is that you activate a control the
script sends a request to the server, and then it uses the XML return
from the server to create a user interface.

The IBM Developer Works Site has a bunch of articles on AJAX if you're
interested.