[lug] Seeking recommendations on multifunction printer/scanner/etc

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 19:25:00 MDT 2006

On 7/5/06, D. Stimits <stimits at comcast.net> wrote:
> Daniel Webb wrote:

Sorry that you folks have not had a good experience with Epson. My
wife has used a Photo 890 for 2-3? years, and the heads haven't
clogged up or caught fire. Occasionally it does need several rounds of
head cleaning to maintain color quality. My CX4200 is still too new to
have much history. I'm still on the initial set of cartridges.

I, too, prefer laser printers, but the HP unit I had was almost as
slow as the Epson! Also, CUPS can screw up any printer, HP or
otherwise.

--
Collins Richey