[lug] Getting mail out of the Qwest/MSN mire

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu Jul 6 17:52:59 MDT 2006

John Bray wrote:
[...]
> (I assume that MSN don't have a mailserver that is compatible with
> Linux, of course)

Sure they do.  When they tell you how to set up your account, they tell
you what mail server to use for outgoing mail.  Use that for your relay
host, so that all your outgoing mail goes to it.

You'll have to understand how to authenticate to their server and set
your server up accordingly but it should be supported.

For me it was cheaper to get a static IP than to get an account with
email.  But a static IP wil avoid the delivery problems you're having too.

Dave