[lug] Network connection dying mysteriously

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Fri Jul 7 11:08:25 MDT 2006

Can you provide more details on the ethernet link status when this
happens?  Do the counters in the 'ifconfig' output continue to change?
How about the output of arp?  Is the router's hardware address correctly
listed?

Have you tried swapping the Cat5 cable out?

Are you using the sk98lin or the sky2 driver?  If one of those, have you
tried the other?