[lug] Network connection dying mysteriously

billjorg at qwest.net billjorg at qwest.net
Fri Jul 7 13:08:12 MDT 2006

siegfried:

I know this sounds a bit far-fetched, but I have had this bite me before. I
do not know your network topology, but check to make sure the distance
between your switch or router and your host is less than 500 feet in
length. I struggled with similar symptoms with a remote site I supported.
That was the fix.

Good luck,

Bill