IPv6 (was: Re: [lug] Getting mail out of the Qwest/MSN mire)

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Jul 9 13:13:56 MDT 2006

On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 11:40:03PM -0600, Nate Duehr wrote:
>Out of curiosity Sean, what's your definition of "Tier-1" these days?

The definition I use is an ISP that connects to the Internet via peering,
as opposed to via transit.  If this statement doesn't mean anything to you,
it looks like Wikipedia has a good discussion of it at:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tier_1_network#Politics

Thanks,
Sean
--
 "Smart...  Subtle...  And trickier than a bathtub full of jello." -- Blue
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/