[lug] Drive Imaging between dissimilar drives?

Ryan Fligg ryan at celebrityaccess.com
Tue Jul 11 09:21:46 MDT 2006

On Monday 10 July 2006 22:09, siegfried wrote:
> [...]

Since I have used Norton Ghost, it has not preserved the GRUB/LILO MBR
settings.  I have always restored the Windows partition first, then the Linux
partition and then ran an install of the Linux OS to get GRUB to pickup on
the Windows partition again.

> > Many use Knoppix or QTParted to accomplish resizing and manipulation
> > of partitions.  There is an open source product called Partition
> > Logic, http://partitionlogic.org.uk/ , that can accomplish some of the
> > things Norton Ghost can do.
>
> Which would you recommend? I like to support open source but partitioning
> is a delicate operation that needs to be done properly. I would not mind
> paying $70 if the job gets done correctly.

I love open source, but Ghost has always worked for me and I stick with it.
Drop the $70.00 and save yourself some headaches.  Partitions are not the
place to be experimenting.

--
Ryan R. Fligg
Developer