[lug] Read-only weirdness

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Sat Jul 15 15:21:06 MDT 2006

>cat /etc/fstab |grep store001
/dev/mapper/sbs-store001 /mnt/store001 ext3 users,noexec,noauto 0 0

>mount |grep store001
/dev/mapper/sbs-store001 on /mnt/store001 type ext3 (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)

>touch /mnt/store001/test
touch: cannot touch `/mnt/store001/test': Read-only file system

This has been happening occasionally after the drive has been mounted several
weeks.  I have to unmount it and remount it and it works fine again.  It's a
pain though because it kills my automated nightly script when it hits the
read-only problem.

I'm using Debian stable with kernel 2.6.15.2.  The drive is a USB drive.
The dev/mapper device is a crypto device.