[lug] X11 on RHEL configuration

Dave Pitts dpitts at cozx.com
Thu Jul 20 10:20:31 MDT 2006

Hello all:

Well, I've got a new gig since May hacking on RH Enterprise Linux
systems. And I've a question
concerning X11. I've been tring to export an X session from my laptop
(running FC5) to my system
here at the office (running RHEL). A little digging has shown that port
6000 is not up on the RHEL
system. After googling and drawing a blank (or at least nothing usable),
I thought I'd ask the list.
How do I get the port to come up? And X11 listening? As these are
internal systems, there are no
firewall issues to deal with.

BTW: I can do this at home against my trusty old RH 7.3 (Ya it's old,
but it works) system.
So, I know that the laptop is probably configured properly.

Thanks in advance....

--
Dave Pitts                   PULLMAN: Travel and sleep in safety and comfort.
dpitts at cozx.com              My other RV IS a Pullman (Colorado Pine).