[lug] ulimit for user with no shell

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Mon Jul 24 14:17:47 MDT 2006

After doing more searching (and giving ldap a shell and starting it by
hand), the problem seems to be that openldap is hard coded to 1024 even if
the ulimit is higher.

There did seem to be some indication that you shouldn't have that many
open connections and to set the connection timeout to something
appropriate.  Otherwise, it means recompiling openldap.

Hugh