[lug] root password

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Aug 2 13:18:24 MDT 2006

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 12:55:18PM -0600, Evelyn Mitchell wrote:
>  tummy.com uses SSH keys, not passwords for remote and administrative
>  access. One of the most sensitive times for security is during a change

These days, we also recommend that SSH password authentication be disabled,
because of the number of scans going on looking for weak passwords, and the
rate of escalation of those scans.

Sean
--
 The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact
 that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol.