[lug] Iptables

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Aug 4 10:04:13 MDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 10:13:05PM -0600, Dan Ferris wrote:
>No drops anywhere.  Same behavior with no rules at all in the FORWARD
>chain.  Even with a default policy of accept.
>
>1:1 NAT is supposed to be simple and this sucks. :(
>
>IP forwarding is enabled.

You might try disabling rp_filter from /proc/sys/net/ipv4, if you have
routes that cause the return path to be different, the kernel will silently
drop the packets if rp_filter is enabled, just as if you had a firewall.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 "Are you classified as human?"  "No, I am a meat popcicle."
                 -- _The_Fifth_Element_