[lug] Testing Remote offset backup with Slug

siegfried siegfried at heintze.com
Mon Aug 7 13:26:39 MDT 2006

I'm going nuts trying to test my slug (linksys NSLU2 NAS controller). I'm
trying to install openvpn on my slug so I can implement remote offsite
automated bootable backup using nightly rsync and I need somewhere to plug
in my slug. I need a fixed IP and someone that can program their firewall to
forward a ssh and openvpn ports to my slug (a linux network node).

A home user with a cable or DSL internet connection would work if s/he can
program their firewall.  A local (Boulder, CO) ISP would work too. I heard a
rumor that Jeremy runs a little ISP. Maybe that would work.

I'd be grateful if someone could just provide a firewall hole and fixed IP
to configure this little beast. If it turns out to be too much traffic after
I go into production (i.e., doing rsync at midnight for one development
machine), I could look for another site at that time.

Thanks,

Siegfried